When a new mom brings her baby into the world it is the most life changing experience. But today there are so many pressures on a new mom to know the answers, entertain friends, care for other children, get back in shape, maintain the home and basically return to life as it was before baby arrived as soon as possible. However as wonderful as a new baby is, it is a lot of work for a mom who is also healing from having given birth. That’s where I can help. As a postpartum doula I will come to your home and support mom and the family as they transition to having a new baby. My job is to smooth the rough patches and empower mom and dad to feel confident and competent. For every family this looks different and so my initial interview is to determine what you need from me and create a care plan that works for your unique family needs.
Some of the things I can do to support a new mom and her family are:
- Breastfeeding support and coaching
- Experience-based tips and tools for newborn and baby care, from sleep strategies to identifying baby’s cues to coping skills for the 4th trimester.
- Expert advice on ways to help older siblings adjust to baby
- Baby wearing techniques and carriers
- Information, research and referrals
- Emotional support and Postpartum Depression support
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping and laundry